DIY Pretty Shoebox Upcycle

Friday, March 22, 2013


I hate clutter. I don't like to keep anything in my house that doesn't serve a purpose or isn't extremely sentimental. That being said it's kind of a shock to me that I kept these shoeboxes lying around. The crafter in me refrained from tossing them and I'm so glad I did! 

We are currently overhauling what used to be Darren's "fishing room". It is going to a guest room now since all of my family has moved away and we need a place for them to stay when they visit. My Christmas gift from Darren was mostly decor for the room so most of it is done, but there are still a few holes that need to be filled as far as accent pieces go(and on a budget). I have this beautiful scrapbook paper leftover from an album I just finished that matches the room but I couldn't decide how to use it in the room. Then it hit me... Mod Podge it to the shoeboxes!

So here is what I started with... aren't they lovely?

 
Now pay attention because this is really hard. Ok, you all know me better than that. I don't do hard. Alright, I'll be serious... cut the paper into sections that fit each side of the box. You can use good old fashioned scissors or a fancy schmancy paper trimmer like I did. Next slather your Mod Podge over the surface of the box and apply your paper. The Mod Podge dries very quickly so make sure you go section by section. Don't try to do it all at once.
And wa-la! Easy as pie and cute as can be! Now I have pretty boxes for my guest room that cost me $0! LOVE. IT! 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking these Qt's up with Debbbie and I! I made sure to pin them to a super recycling board :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs