White Chocolate Sauce Recipe (healthier & cheaper than Starbucks!)

Tuesday, March 22, 2016


Today I'm sharing a recipe which is a first for me! I love to bake. I could do it all day every day and be happy. Cooking is a totally different story (my husband can testify to my lack of skills in that area) so you'll probably never see me sharing any sort of cooking recipe here! But not to fear, because I classify coffee related recipes as baking. K? OK!!  :)


The main reason I decided to make the switch from my usual store bought white chocolate sauce to homemade was because of the ingredients. Starbucks' white chocolate sauce ingredients include high fructose corn syrup, potassium sorbate, and monoglucerides... all of which can be harmful to your health. My homemade recipe has zero preservatives and no high fructose corn syrup! #winning

The second reason for the change was because of the price difference. My recipe costs approximately $14.00 for 63 ounces versus their $25.00 for 63 ounces. It makes sense to take 5 minutes a week to save $11.00, right? I think so. 

Just a warning... this recipe is very sweet! If you're not a fan of sugary coffee concoctions then this is not for you. However if you like your daily dose of caffeine to taste sweet then you've come to the right place! I love to add this to my morning coffee combined with a little peppermint syrup (recipe coming SOON!) to make a Peppermint White Mocha drink. Peppermint is my favorite and I refuse to wait all year until the Christmas holiday to have it so I make it on the reg and let me tell you - my taste buds thank me every time. 

Without further ado... here is my take on a Starbucks Copycat White Chocolate Sauce. 


White Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Yields 18-20 ounces 

Ingredients:

1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup of Milk - try to make sure the expiration date on the milk is at least a week away
1 Bag (11 oz) White Chocolate Chips

Pour sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and milk into microwaveable glass bowl and stir ingredients together. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and add white chocolate chips. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir again and continue to microwave for 15-30 seconds at a time, if needed (stirring in between microwave sessions) until chips are melted. It usually only takes me 1-2 minutes max for my chocolate chips to melt. Be careful not to over cook!


Pour mixture into a mason jar and refrigerate. The sauce will harden in the refrigerator. This is normal! Once you scoop it out and add it to your hot coffee it will melt pretty quickly. Try to use within 7-10 days.




What drinks will you add this sauce to? This coffee addict would love to hear your feedback and ideas!! 

xoxo,
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs