Simple DIY Canvas Art

Monday, July 15, 2013


How was your weekend, my lovelies? Mine was filled with upcycling, crafting, and house remodeling... it was beautiful!



One of the projects I tackled was this canvas makeover. I had the original black and white "Paris" canvas hung in my office a few years ago when I first purchased my home, but had since removed it as my office evolved into more of a workspace / craft room. The black and white theme just wasn't inspiring me anymore. I have been itching to revamp this piece, but just wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it until this weekend. I remembered that I still had quite a bit of the coral colored paint that I had used on my birdhouse makeover (HERE) and realized it would be perfect in our guest room.

First I spray painted the canvas white. After it was dry I just used a brush to paint a few vertical strokes of the coral color onto the plain white. 



It is super simple, but I love that it is something that I created. Handmade is always so much more meaningful, isn't it? It also adds a great pop of color to the room which I love. From start to finish (minus paint drying time) this project took under 5 minutes, but I'm pretty sure I love the result just as much as if it had taken me 5 hours. TOTALLY my kind of craft! Here is the canvas in the room with a little Rhonna Designs iPhone app fun to go with it! Happy Monday, my friends!

Hannah

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best ideas. This is great for adding some bright color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! posted nice post about furniture which I was finding since long time .Really helpful and attractive for all kind of furniture lover .Today furniture is one kind of fashion and beauty for home .Hey readers ,you also can get exceptional service to collecting your home accents , wall art and also tosh furniture from decorise.com .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the exact Paris canvas from Hobby Lobby in my office, maybe I need to update like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. canvas art

    Artzee Designs (ArtzeeDesigns.com) is the ultimate canvas art destination for customers seeking art for their home. There's an opportunity to purchase pre-existing art OR Inspire Your Own art. If you Inspire Your Own art, Artzee Designs' graphic artists will custom design a piece of art exclusively made for that customer. Also, to note, all of our prices include printing the art on canvas as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs