iPhone Recap : May, June, and July 2013

Thursday, August 1, 2013

I have obviously been majorly slacking when it comes to my monthly picture sharing! So here's a little snippet of what's been going on in our lives during the past three months...

>>> MAY <<<

In May we headed to the beautiful state of Virginia to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday. One of the best parts of the trip was getting to see a couple of my bestest friends (aka siblings) and the parents.


What do I like about warmer weather? Well, I love everything about it, but it being suitable for ordering a frappuccino is definitely one of the best parts!


In late April / early May, this precious little kitty swooped in and stole my heart. My neighbors found him in their garage all by himself when he was only 2 - 3 weeks old. They asked if I wanted to take him since they already have several cats of their own. At first I wasn't sure how it was going to work since Simba has been the "only child" for so long, but after a couple days I was smitten with him. He was my baby for the time being while I continued to wait for God to bless me with a child of my own. 

The rest of these pictures tell you that with May's arrival, I was ready for all things Summer. So on to June!

>>> JUNE <<<


Living in a small town means just about everyone has a garden. We are blessed to have a big yard to grow our own and to also live next to the sweetest neighbors that like to share their spoils. We never lack fresh fruit or veggies this time of year. I love it!

June is my birthday month! After a not-so-fun procedure at the RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) in the a.m., my mother-in-law and I spent the day driving all over Indianapolis to go birthday shopping! Thank goodness for her... knowing we were going to go shopping that day made going through that painful procedure so much easier! I visited World Market, Crate & Barrel, and The Container Store for the first time on this day.

Another June highlight was getting to attend our annual family reunion on my mom's side and spending the weekend with my beautiful grandmother! She is a hilarious, strong, wonderful women. I am thankful for every minute I am able to spend with her!

June was full of new "trying to get pregnant" adventures. By the way, I am a total pro these days at giving blood! We did our first round of Femara (an oral hormone drug to try to make my eggs mature) and also did our first HCG trigger shot. The trigger shot is given after an ultrasound halfway through your cycle confirms that there are mature eggs and is intended to make them finish maturing and then release (ovulation). As far as I know, June was the first month that I have ovulated since July 2012 when we got pregnant the first time. I was beyond hopeful that we were pregnant. I had all the symptoms and we even saw a faint positive line on one of the pregnancy tests. Sadly it didn't stick. Whether it was just my regular cycle or another early miscarriage we will never know, but regardless we were crushed.

>>> JULY <<<

Happy 4th of July!!! Sportin' my red, white, and blue.  :)

Apparently July was National Pool Month for me... I went swimming a lot. I think I just needed an extra dose of relaxation time. 

I love this silly man. This life would be impossible without him by my side. 

In July I had to say goodbye to my "baby". He was just 4 months old, but somehow I felt like a much bigger part of my soul was taken the day he left. "Littles" as we nicknamed him, will always hold a special place in our hearts for all the joy he brought us during one of the hardest parts of our lives. We miss him more than we could have known we would, but are thankful for the short time he was in our lives.

And since I REALLY don't want to end on a super sad note, here are the gorgeous flowers my hubby brought home this week to try to cheer me up. Flowers always do that for me. I'm thankful to have such a sweet guy that loves me and knows how to make me smile. I'm so blessed!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs